Tailored for vehicles requiring a basic level of paint protection, without any machine polishing needed or if you working within a budget, then this is a great entry level service to detailing.
As all previous services our full multistage wash process is carried out with all of our detailing packages which also involves a full decontamination process which removes all bonded contaminants from all areas of your vehicle leaving a perfectly prepared surface to apply your chosen wax/sealant or coating.
- Wheels rinsed to remove loose dirt particles
- A safe ph wheel cleaner applied and agitated with various brushes
- Rinse clean
- A citrus pre cleaner applied to wheel arches / cleaned and rinsed
- Engine bay cleaned
- Vehicle pre rinsed
- Citrus pre cleaner sprayed to lower of vehicle to loosen dirt / road grime
- A ph snowfoam is then applied to remove any remaining loose dirt particles
- Hand washed with high foaming ph neutral shampoo using the 2 bucket method and a soft merino wool wash mitt
- Apply an iron fallout remover to loosen and remove embedded iron particles from bodywork and wheels
- Apply a solvent based tar remover to dissolve all tar spots
- Claybar process to the paintwork for the final step of the preparation stage to remove any remaining contamination
- Final wash and rinse
- Dried with soft plush drying towel and air blower to remove excess water safely from the vehicles paintwork reducing the risk of swirl marks
- Clean and dry all door apps and sills
- A paint cleanser is then applied to the paintwork
- Application of Wax /sealant
- Hydrophobic glass sealant applied
- Dress Tyres
What is ‘detailing’
The term Detailing as we know can be very misunderstanding and easily mistaken as car valeting.
Quite simply the difference is that valeting is the basic cleaning of a vehicles exterior and interior to a level that it looks clean and fresh inside and out.
As this is a basic way of car cleaning, mainly carried out at your local car wash it can cause various surface damage and defects to the vehicles paintwork and wheels by the use of cheap harsh chemicals and the incorrect washing and cleaning techniques.
Here at Perfect Detail Car Care we use our experience and knowledge of the finest car care products available to achieve the best possible finish for your vehicle.
So the Art of Detailing is to restore your vehicles paintwork via various methods of paint correction using a variety of machine polishers and multi stages of polishing, then to apply protection to lock in that gloss and add reflection by the application of a fine show wax or a coating and finally to maintain that look by carrying out one of our maintenance plans.
Cross section of typical paintwork defects
When dirt, grime and even dust are not removed correctly from a vehicle, the incorrect wash process will cause the dirt particles to be moved around the paintwork causing various defects such as; wash marring, swirl marks and scratches.
Damage can also be caused to other areas by cheap car washes using harmful cleaning products such as acidic based chemicals to clean alloy wheels and lower sections of a vehicle, which over time will cause corrosion to the wheels, wheel nuts and caps, brake callipers and exhaust tips etc.
Drive in car washes and inexperienced valeting centres offer a cheap polish service via machine which is often referred to as a buff or mop in which case it would be advised to stay clear of such services, as they will cause the defects such as holograms, swirl marks and random deep scratches and more, as can be seen on the defects diagram below.
All the defects caused by any method of cleaning can be rectified by ourselves to achieve the best possible finish to your vehicle whether an every day car, supercar classic or concours show car.