Full Correction Detail
Tailored for vehicles that have inflicted heavy swirl marks, scratches, bird lime etchings and from regular visits to local cheap car washes or drive through washes which will in time damage your cars paintwork by using strong chemicals and incorrect washing methods.
This is our ultimate detail, to correct your cars paintwork to the highest level possible, in most cases better than most new vehicles.
This detail will also prepare your vehicle for the ultimate in vehicle protection with one of our ceramic coating packages.
- As with all our Detailing packages we carry out the same process
- Multistage safe wash
- Decontamination process
- Preparation process
- Take paint depth readings to access the condition of the paint
- The first stage of a multistage polishing process with the first heavy cut stage to remove paint defects,swirl marks,scratches caused by regular visits to cheap car washes,and the use of cheap and harmful chemicals
- Wipe down with isopropyl alcohol or panel wipe to ensure we have removed paint defects and not just filled them with polish
- The second stage to level and refine the paint to remove the marring and holograms put in by the first first heavy correction stage
- Wipe down with isopropyl alcohol
- The third stage is to polish and refine the paint with a finishing polish even more,to gain gloss clarity to the paint
- Wipe dow with isopropyl alcohol to remove polishing oils
- Apply chosen wax/sealant or ceramic coating
- Hydrophobic glass sealant applied to increase vision in extreme weather conditions
- All exterior plastics and trims dressed and protected
- Exhaust tailpipes polished and sealed
What is ‘detailing’
The term Detailing as we know can be very misunderstanding and easily mistaken as car valeting.
Quite simply the difference is that valeting is the basic cleaning of a vehicles exterior and interior to a level that it looks clean and fresh inside and out.
As this is a basic way of car cleaning, mainly carried out at your local car wash it can cause various surface damage and defects to the vehicles paintwork and wheels by the use of cheap harsh chemicals and the incorrect washing and cleaning techniques.
Here at Perfect Detail Car Care we use our experience and knowledge of the finest car care products available to achieve the best possible finish for your vehicle.
So the Art of Detailing is to restore your vehicles paintwork via various methods of paint correction using a variety of machine polishers and multi stages of polishing, then to apply protection to lock in that gloss and add reflection by the application of a fine show wax or a coating and finally to maintain that look by carrying out one of our maintenance plans.
Cross section of typical paintwork defects
When dirt, grime and even dust are not removed correctly from a vehicle, the incorrect wash process will cause the dirt particles to be moved around the paintwork causing various defects such as; wash marring, swirl marks and scratches.
Damage can also be caused to other areas by cheap car washes using harmful cleaning products such as acidic based chemicals to clean alloy wheels and lower sections of a vehicle, which over time will cause corrosion to the wheels, wheel nuts and caps, brake callipers and exhaust tips etc.
Drive in car washes and inexperienced valeting centres offer a cheap polish service via machine which is often referred to as a buff or mop in which case it would be advised to stay clear of such services, as they will cause the defects such as holograms, swirl marks and random deep scratches and more, as can be seen on the defects diagram below.
All the defects caused by any method of cleaning can be rectified by ourselves to achieve the best possible finish to your vehicle whether an every day car, supercar classic or concours show car.